These delicious meatballs have veggies right inside them!
The added texture and moisture from the veggies makes the meatballs tastier, and better for you. You can change the flavour and reduce food waste by including leftover different veggies, bread and even nut, and cheese varieties.
Ingredients (6 servings)
½ pound ground meat (beef, turkey or pork)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Leafy herbs
- 1 cup cubed leftover bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the mushrooms (including stems) and herbs into small pieces. Set aside.
- Put the bread into a bowl with the milk, and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the ingredients together (except the oil) in the bowl with the bread mixture and mix well.
- Form balls with the mixture and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place the pan into a preheated 150°C oven and bake 40 minutes or until cooked all the way through.