WHO DOESN'T LIKE BAKED WAFFLES? DELICIOUSLY CRISPY ON THE OUTSIDE, CREAMY AND SOFT ON THE INSIDE.
With this recipe for a sugar-free version of this classic Belgian dessert, you can turn this guilty pleasure into a 'not so guilty' pleasure on National Waffle Day. And if you can't resist the sweetness, just spoon on some blueberries, right?
Ingredients (+- 6 waffles)
- 310 grams self-rising baking flour
- 2 eggs
- 350ml milk
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup blueberries (for the real sweet tooth)
- Separate the egg white and the egg yolk
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Put the egg white in a bowl and beat it stiff with a mixer.
- When you can turn the bowl upside down and the egg white is no longer moving, you can stop beating.
- Put the flour in another bowl. Then mix in the milk, oil, egg yolk and salt.
- When there are no lumps in the batter, you can beat in the egg whites.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the batter into your waffle iron and bake the waffles for a few minutes until they are golden brown.
- Optionally, serve with some blueberries.