Every month we celebrate a vegetable and a fruit. The carrot is the vegetable of the month for February! We have found a nice variation on the famous carrot cake: energy balls to be enjoyed without feeling guilty, because they are sugar-free, gluten-free and 100% vegan. Indeed, the ingredients are good for your health. Even children love them!
Ingredients (24 balls)
- 12 dried Medjool dates
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh carrot finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
Preparation (10 minutes)
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.