Every month we put a vegetable and a fruit in the spotlight. The pear is the fruit of the month of March! Discover our pear and chocolate pie recipe.
Ingredients (6 to 8 persons)
- 1 puff pastry
- 3 to 4 Conference pears
- 80 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 200 g dessert chocolate
- 15 cl cream
- 3 eggs
- 20 g brown sugar
- Heat the oven at 200°C
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a pot.
- Peal the pears and cut them in little pieces (1,5 cm thick)
- Put the dough in a tart tin, pour the chocolate over the tart base and place the pear slices on top, slightly spaced out.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and cream in a bowl.
- Pour it over the pears and the chocolate.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Tip: 15 minutes before the end of the baking time, sprinkle the pie with brown sugar.