As we do every month for our recipes, we rely as much as possible on seasonal products. In December, the Brussels sprouts are a great success! Find out how to simmer it with a delicious chicken and, as a tip, if you prefer to prevent the smell from spreading throughout the house: just add a little milk or an onion when cooking. There's no excuse not to enjoy it!
Ingredients (4 persons)
- 500 gr chicken fillet
- 400 gr Brussels sprouts
- 2 carrots
- 200 gr pomegranate (around 1 fruit)
- 1 onion
- 3 soup spoons of soy sauce
- Olive oil
Preparation (about 1 hour)
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts in cold water and blanch them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion and fry it in a pan (or wok) with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Peel the carrots, cut them into strips and put them in the pan over low heat.
- Cut the chicken fillets and add them to the preparation.
- Sprinkle everything with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Fry for 10 minutes, then add the Brussels sprouts, soy sauce, salt and pepper (seasoning to taste)
- Simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- As a bonus, if you like sweet and savory combinations, this dish goes great with pomegranate. Sprinkle a handful on each plate just before eating.