Made with leftover bread and simple pantry items, bread pudding has to be one of the most delicious, but no-fuss desserts ever!
There are also many variations and additions you can make to change the flavour. You can reduce food waste by adding leftover ingredients in small amounts such as fruits, nuts, spices and decadent ingredients like chocolate, carob, and butterscotch chips.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 4-5 cups leftover bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or a mix)
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- Cut the bread into bite sized pieces.
- Line a baking dish with the bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs together with the sugar, vanilla, orange zest and milk. Pour over the dish and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Place into a preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 55-75 minutes.