GLEN RUNS A RESTAURANT AT COMPASS GROUP BELGIUM. TOGETHER WITH BARTEL, HE VENTURES INTO SOUTHERN CATAPLANA.
Watch this episode now:
Discover the recipe here:
- 4 langoustines
- 120 grams of red mullet
- 150 grams of sea bass
- 120 grams clams
- 50 grams of smoked bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 250 grams baby potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- bay leaf
- ½ decilitre olive oil
- ½ decilitre white wine
- Black pepper
- Sea salt (grain)
- Clean the fish and cut it into generous equal-sized pieces. Then season with a little salt.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, peel and slice them.
- Cut the onion, tomato and pepper into rondelles.
- In the cataplana, place alternating layers of
- vegetables, fish, fine strips of bacon, potatoes, fresh herbs and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and top with chilli + some more sea salt.
- Add the white wine until everything is just barely submerged.
- On top garnish with the seafood and prawns.
- Close the cataplana and put on a medium heat for approx. 12 to 15 min.
- Before serving open: stir everything and check that all the shells are open and the fish has the perfect cuisson. Sprinkle with the rest of the freshly chopped herbs and then close again.
Preparing pastel de nata:
- Prepare perfumed sugar syrup: Sugar-water-cinnamon-lime peel
- Let boil and set aside for 1 min.
- Preparing the custard: Mix flour and cornstarch together.
- Gradually stir in the milk (until the dough is smooth).
- Let it thicken on a medium heat while stirring.
- Gradually mix in the sugar syrup.
- Sieve everything.
- Roll up the puff pastry and cut circles of approx. 3 cm thick. Then place the dough in the moulds and press down.
- Fill with the custard.
- Bake at 230 °C for 15 min.