How can we talk about autumn and October without mentioning the pumpkin! For the vegetable of the month, we present this recipe for a delicious and healthy pumpkin risotto.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 350 g rice
- 500 g pumpkin
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 white onion
- 40 g butter
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation (20 minutes and 40 minutes cooking time)
- Pour the vegetable stock into a saucepan. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer the stock to keep it warm.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel the pumpkin (if necessary), remove the seeds and cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Melt the soft butter in a second saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion and pumpkin cubes for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring well, until translucent.
- Then pour a ladle of vegetable stock into the pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the stock has completely evaporated.
- Once it has evaporated, add a new ladle of broth and wait for it to be absorbed again. Repeat several times, adding the ladles of stock to the risotto as you go, until the risotto is cooked.
- When the risotto is cooked, add the grated Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Leave to cook for a few more minutes on a low heat.