SARAH DE HEMPTINNE WORKS IN THE PREVENTION DEPARTMENT OF COMPASS GROUP BELGIUM. TOGETHER WITH BARTEL, SHE MAKES A DELICIOUS APPLE CRUMBLE PIE AND TELLS US WHERE HER PASSION FOR BAKING COMES FROM...
Watch this episode now:
Discover the recipe here:
- 175 grams of sweet crumble dough
- 3 apples (Granny Smith type, harvest apple)
- 100 grams cream 40% fat
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams Wheat flour
- 100 grams butter crumble
Crumble dough (sweet)
1. Pour the flour together with the sugar and the salt into
in a bowl.
2. Make a hole in the middle of the flour and place the butter
the butter inside in small pieces.
3. Rub the butter and flour briefly between the palms of your hands and then add the egg and water.
4. Mix as briefly as possible until a homogenous mass emerges.
5. Wrap the dough in foil and leave it to stiffen in the
1. Soften the butter in a bowl.
2. Mix in the sugar and flour with your hands while rubbing it
flour until it becomes crumbly. Do not knead!
1. Butter a cake tin with a diameter of 20 cm and a
a rim height of 2.5 cm. Preheat the oven
to 190 °C.
2. Roll out the dough into a round slice of 24 cm
diameter and line the cake tin with it. Press
the dough well and cut off the excess dough.
Push the edge up a little with your thumbs.
3. Peel the apples, stone them and cut them into 1 cm cubes. Arrange the apple
apple on the pie crust.
4. Make a sauce of the cream, egg yolk, icing sugar and flour.
Pour the sauce over the apples and
the apples and sprinkle generously with crumble.
5. Bake the pie for 30 to 35 minutes in an oven at