With its soft, mild flavour, the aubergine is a popular vegetable which can be used in many recipes. It is also great for slimming down your waistline, as it is full of satiating fibres but contains very few calories at the same time. No wonder this guy is so popular!
Vegetable recipe of the month July: Pesto pasta with roasted aubergine and courgette
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 400 gr spaghetti
- 400 gr pesto
- 20 g basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Pepper and salt
- A dash of olive oil
- Rinse the aubergines and courgettes and cut into thin slices.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Cook the pasta in salted water.
- Roast the pine nuts briefly in a pan. Remove them from the pan afterwards.
- Briefly fry the diced courgettes and season with salt and pepper. Remove them from the pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a hot pan.
- Roast the aubergine with a sprinkle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pesto to the aubergine on a low heat. After two minutes, you can also add the pine nuts, pasta and courgette cubes.
- Serve the pasta with some basil and Parmesan cheese and enjoy!