Summer was a bit disappointing, so it's time to welcome autumn with open arms!
Feast on this delicious vegetarian autumn menu this week.
Traditional pumpkin soup as a starter
- 200 g flesh of a pumpkin
- Half an onion
- Half a tomato
- Half a garlic clove
- Half a litre of vegetable stock
- 50 millilitres cream
- Olive oil
- Nutmeg, pepper and salt
- Basil leaves
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds and inside threads. Cut the flesh into chunks. Peel the tomato, remove the stone and cut into cubes. Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Brown the onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the vegetables and season with pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes in the pan together with the stock. Serve the cream separately. Finish off with some pumpkin seeds and basil.
Stuffed portobello as main dish
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 62,5 gr. goat cheese
- 150 gr. spinach
- Pepper and salt
- Rocket salad
- Christmas tomatoes
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Chop the garlic finely. Fry it in a pan together with the spinach.
- Remove the stalks and spurs from the portobello mushrooms. Place them in an oven dish. Add the goat's cheese to the spinach. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Turn the portobello's over and spoon the spinach mixture into them. Bake the filled portobello for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with some thyme, parsley, rocket and cherry tomatoes.
Warm pear with ice cream and autumn fruits for dessert
- 1 pear
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 40 gr walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Cut the pear in half. Make a hollow in the middle.
- Place the pears on a baking tray. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix honey and vanilla and sprinkle over the pears. Save a little honey.
- Chop the nuts finely. Fill the pears with them and sprinkle again with honey and vanilla.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees. Bake the pears for half an hour.
- Serve the warm pears with a scoop of ice cream and some raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle the whole plate with some honey and vanilla.