Sweep ill fortune from your home, decorate windows and doors with red paper-cuts …
You’ve guessed by now that it is time for Chinese New Year. And while this day marks the beginning of the Year of the Ox, we prefer to go with duck for our heavenly, oriental recipe.
Duck wok with red curry, pineapple and Pandan rice
Ingredients (4 people)
- 600 g Duck fillet
- 1/2 Fresh Pineapple
- 100 g Red pepper strips
- 40 g Onion cubes
- 200 g Sugar snaps
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 240 g Pandan rice (= Jasmine rice)
- 1 Stalk fresh lemongrass or 1/4 tsp Sereh (1 g)
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 Bussel fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (30 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon cane sugar (20 g)
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 50 ml Arachid oil
- Cook the rice according to instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the fat from the duck fillet
- Snij the fillet in fine slices, color briefly in a hot wok with the heated peanut (arachide) oil
- seasoning with salt and pepper
- remove the duck from the wok pan and store on the side under lid.
- Simmer the onion and add the slumber peas and paprika.
- Add the sliced pineapple and sugar, simmer just as well.
- Add the ginger, the piece of lemongrass or Sereh and the lemon juice, the red curry and the fish sauce as well, and finally the coconut milk.
- Let it boil for a while, and finish with pepper, salt and possibly some lemon juice.
- Serve in a deep plate.
- Arrange the slices of duck tile on top.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the rice separately in a small bowl.