Unfortunately, it’s not Pizza Day every day, but it is today ! So why not give yourself a treat with this deliciously fresh Pizza Arlecchino
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 200 g tomato passata
- 50 g chopped shallot
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Cayenne pepper
- 200 g Pancetta
- 40 g Rigatello
- 200 g Mozzarella
- 40 g Yellow Pepper Strips
- 40 g Green Pepper Strips
- 40 g Red Pepper Strips
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic grains
- Olive Oil
- 20 g Basil paste
Pizza dough per pizza:
- 200 g flour
- 100 ml water
- 18 g fresh yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- Place the flour in a heap on your work surface and make a depression in the middle.
- Pour the olive oil and sugar into the depression and sprinkle the salt around the outer edge of the flour.
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water and pour this into the hole.
- Start gently mixing the flour with this mixture using your fingers. Knead the mixture by hand into a homogeneous mass and a smooth dough.
- Roll your dough and cover it with a kitchen towel to let it rise for 90 minutes in a draught-free place or prepare your dough the night before and keep it in cling film in the fridge. Then continue the rising process the next day.
- Roll out the dough on your floured work surface and line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Fry the shallot with the garlic in a little olive oil and add the passata.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Leave to cool.
- Spread the topping on the dough and distribute the paprika, pancetta, rigatello, mozzarella, oregano and garlic grains over the pizza.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 8 min.
- Mix the basil paste with the olive oil and drizzle it over the baked pizza.
- Finish off with the fresh basil leaves and grate some Rigatello over the pizza.