Rice pudding, the dessert of choice for the sweet-toothed with a nostalgic side!
On National Rice Pudding Day, our recipe adds a modern twist to this dish by adding some chocolate and coconut, and ... this is 100% vegan!
Ingredients ( for 4):
- 200 g dessert rice
- 400 ml water
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 60 g sugar
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 15 gr cocoa powder
- 1 lime
- 4 passion fruits
- 50 gr dark chocolate
- Boil the rice, water and vanilla in a medium-sized thick-bottomed pan over a high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, cocoa and stir well. Turn the heat down low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the zest and a little of the lime juice.
- Scoop out the rice and divide over four bowls with the flesh of the passion fruit already in them and leave this to cool.
- Scrape some dark chocolate over it.