Indian Chicken Curry with Turnips
Ingredients: 4 people
- 6 Turnips
- 100 g onion cubes
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp Sereh or 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 1 Bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 Knife tip cayenne pepper
- 200g Mange-tout
- 1 Red pepper
- 800g coconut milk
- 10g chicken stock cubes
- 800g diced chicken
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the turnips and cut them into chunks.
- Gently fry the turnips in preheated corn oil for 10 minutes. Stir regularly until golden brown. Put them aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic in corn oil, add the curry, coriander powder and turmeric, add cayenne pepper if you like your curry spicy, and finally add the ginger paste.
- Fry the chicken in corn oil, add the curry mixture and the coconut milk after 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and sereh (or lemon stalks)
- Finely chop the coriander and add half, simmer gently under a lid for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the mange-tout and the turnips for the last 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and lime juice. Finely chop the red pepper.
- Serve in a large serving dish, garnish with the other half of the sliced coriander and red pepper.
Serving tip: This dish is tasty with Basmati rice or Naan.