CREEPY SUSHI, WHY NOT? TREAT YOURSELF ON HALLOWEEN TO THIS GRUESOME DELICACY WITH A JAPANESE TOUCH. IF YOU DARE...
- White sushi rice
- Rice vinegar
- A small pair of scissors
- Wash the rice.
- Put the rice in a thick-bottomed pot. Mix with 750 ml water.
- Bring to the boil with the lid on the pot and let boil for 2 minutes. Let the rice cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Let the rice cool down to room temperature.
- Warm the rice vinegar and mix with sugar and salt. Then also allow to cool to room temperature. Toss the rice with this mixture.
- Cut out creepy eyes, a mouth and nose from the seaweed with scissors. Use small scissors for this.
- Knead a ball of cooked sushi rice. You can use a plastic bag for this. Place the ball in the bag and tighten it well. Then remove the plastic.
- Cut out a round piece of salmon the size of the ball. Place this on the ball of cooked rice. Use the bagging technique again to tighten everything up.
- Use a little wasabi to form the stem of the pumpkin.
- Try out some other creepy variations yourself! A spider web of seaweed and wasabi, a skull... Let your creativity run wild.
Trick or treat!